Saturday, April 3, 2010

Confession: I think I can be a bit obsessive...

Or maybe compulsive?  A little of both?  When I start reading a book and I find it an easy read or a great book, I can't stop reading.  It was wonderful reading in the sunlight, and warmth, listening them to girls play outside. 

I finally decided to read the Twilight series.  Hi Maria, welcome to 2005.   My assessment (so far) would be "easy read."  Not the greatest literary works of art, but entertaining.  I really thought I would dislike the books immerserably.  My husband even sat through the movies from Netflix (do I need to take away a man card for that?)  Since Thursday night, I've read Twilight, New Moon, half of Eclipse and the posted transcript of  Midnight Sun.  Hmm, I'm thinking obsessive might fit the most right now.  I'm compelled to finish the books even though I pretty much know who the whole series ends.

 I do get annoyed with the characters (Bella can be whiny, and Jake is the teenager that doesn't get the hint the girl doesn't like him), but overall, I"m enjoying the books. 

So after this post, dinner, the SPARTAN GAME (!!!!!) and when the chicklets are back in bed, I'm finishing Eclipse. 

If we weren't going to spend the better part of tomorrow out of the house, I'd probably read Breaking Dawn.  Maybe just a bit obsessive.

1 comment:

Gween said...

welcome to the dark side!

Ava in the wave pool

Ava in the wave pool

A perfect landing!

A perfect landing!