Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Some views from the weekends!

The last two weekends we spent at John's parents' cottage in Lexington and then my dad's place in Caseville. A little rainy in Lexington, but the sun came out enough each day so the girls could play outside. They just LOVE getting out of the house and up to the "beach houses."


I snapped this shot of Ava, she was actually playing in a bucket of water. You would have thought it was the greatest toy ever. She enjoyed it that much.
Over 4th of July weekend, we were up in Caseville and I tried out the "fireworks" setting on my camera for the first time. I wish we were just a little bit closer (we watched them from our porch, and not the beach) I think the pictures would have come out a little better. What do you think? Not too bad for my first try.





We introduced Ava to her first ever sparkler. And with a tip I read in Creating Keepsakes (July, I believe), I got some neat pictures of the sparklers.


And my blog post wouldn't be complete without one picture of each girl, right? I love this shot of Alexa drying off on the beach. Her eyes look just like chocolate!

This weekend should be another fun weekend, we're celebrating Ava's second birthday on Sunday. :0)

No comments:

Ava in the wave pool

Ava in the wave pool

A perfect landing!

A perfect landing!