Thursday, March 12, 2009

Kindergarten Round-up

It's official. We'll be parents of an elementary-aged kid in no time. Alexa can't wait. Mom and Dad could use a little more time to adjust. Like a few dozen years. ;) We didn't tell Alexa until that afternoon, that she was going to check out the "big, new school." She. Was. So. Excited.

The school took the kids to the Media Center for a couple activities and then a bus ride (!). The ride was the highlight of Alexa's year. We saw her get on the bus (no pics, dang!) and she was beaming. I was so proud of my girl, she listened to their instructions about how to sit, and when to be quiet on the bus, like a pro.

Of course, school is so much fun, she did not want to leave. We're going to have to work on that.
At least I have a few months to prepare myself for the real first day this fall!

I did get a picture of Alexa before we went. Please note the jewerly she *had* to put on for the festive occasion.

And one of Ava, just because I love her eyes in this picture.


No comments:

Ava in the wave pool

Ava in the wave pool

A perfect landing!

A perfect landing!