Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Organizing: scrapbook layouts/photos.

I probably spend way too much time sorting, looking and moving supplies around.  I probably spend even more time trying to figure out what to scrap.  There are thousands of photos on our  hard drives and I wonder, too often, what to do....so, I decided to go through and scroll through the photos and list what I think is missing in the albums.  Tedious?  Yes.  Worth it?  Yes.  I have a huge list, sorted by year of events/highlights/favorite photos that did not make it into any album.  Hopefully, this will make it easier to find, and print pictures when I'm motivated to scrapbook.   I was inspired to do this after I realized how many layouts were waiting to go into albums.  (I will remain silent on how many page protectors and albums I had to invest in.  Yikes.)

I'm happy to say all layouts are in an album, with only a few pages needing to be resorted into the right order.  If I need to confirm I've scrapped (or not scrapped) something, I can just flip through the albums.

It's certainly not a finished project, but I'm happy with where it's at.  No more layouts laying around.  No more wondering what to scrap.  Now I just need a sketch, or some paper or maybe even some photos to motivate me, and I can get moving.

Now, to just get off the computer...

No comments:

Ava in the wave pool

Ava in the wave pool

A perfect landing!

A perfect landing!