Friday, January 7, 2011

Apron Strings Designs Blog Hop!

Apron Strings is starting off the new year with a bang, or shall we say a Blog Hop?  If I'm your first stop, head back to the Apron Strings blog and see what Lori has put together for this weekend, then work your way back through the designer blogs.

Lori has put together a new design team and the kits are looking fabulous as usual.  I have been looking at the new designers' blogs and just love their work.
Maria Swiatkowski  (<-- you are here!)   
           Sarah Fleming
           Patricia Moussatche (Patchi)
So much inspiration!  I cannot wait to see what everyone creates in the coming months.

Now that winter is here (and boy, did it get C-O-L-D fast this year), I am spending more time in my scrap area.  I keep my ASD kits separate from my "stash" so I can pull them out and work with them, until I'm down to my scraps.  I have to say, December was one of my all-time favorite kits.  Both page kits could be mixed together easily.  Here are a couple of my favorite projects from December:



Look for a tutorial on the Apron Strings blog in the near future for the ribbon flower shown above.

Have you seen the January kits?  Both the Bigger than a Breadbox and Smaller than a Breadbox kits are beautiful, I'm looking forward to the Smaller kit arriving later this month and digging into those My Minds Eye papers.

Oh, and let's not forget the phrase you are looking for!   Why Apron Strings?  One of my favorite features about Apron Strings is having unlimited, penalty-free skips, flips or substitutions.  I have taken advantage of this feature several times! 

Well if you've made it this far, only a couple blogs to go!  Don't forget to leave a comment on each one and you will be entered into a prize drawing for each blog you comment on in addition to Lori's Basic Grey Calendar drawing.  A winner will be picked Monday morning!  From here, you want to head over and visit:

Sarah Fleming

Stop by Monday to see if you won!

28 comments:

Maggie Crawford said...

Those calendars are so much fun to make and great gifts to give!

Unknown said...

Love the papers in the Apron Strings December kit, your projects are fabulous!!

pattyk said...

Beautiful projects-thanks-millierose651@aol.com

wendipooh13 said...

super fun pages and cards!!! great job

LisaM said...

Beautiful projects!

jengd said...

Cute stuff! I really like the simplicity of your first layout - those strips of photos are such a great thing. And your flower that you did the popout of... fab!

Nitasha said...

Cuteness! I keep my Apron String kits seperate too because they are already coordinated and I can work quickly with them. Looking forward to seeing your tutorial!!!

JLP said...

So excited about the ribbon flower tutorial! Cannot wait! Really love what you did with the smaller than a bread box kit and the cards! Thanks for the inspiration.

just jennifer said...

Loved that December kit!

Renee said...

New to your blog thanks to Apron Strings! Looking forward to hearing more about your work!

Melanie Holzwarth said...

Hi Maria,

Your ribbon flower is so cute and the layouts and cards are just wonderful. I'm so lucky to be surrounded by such talent, can't wait to get started designing with you all.

Melanie

Lisa Watson said...

what great projects!!! The ribbon flower looks terrific!

Briel said...

Love your LOs and cards Sarah! It's going to be a great year.

tomiannie said...

Great layouts and cards!

stefeni said...

BEAUTIFUL projects. You are talented.

spunkycrayon at yahoo dot com

Kristen said...

I love the Christmas cards you did! I am getting excited to get back to the beginning so I can order a kit! Thanks!

Angela L. said...

Love your projects and the beautiful kits from Apron Strings Designs!!!

Gina Karas said...

Love your LOs and cards! That ribbon flower is darling! Can't wait for this kit! Thanks for the inspiration!

Shawnee said...

I love your projects!! Inspiring!!

Shawnee
sjpenkacik at gmail dot com

Kristin - The Fifth Sparrow No More said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristin - The Fifth Sparrow No More said...

Hi Maria! Looking forward to working with you at Apron Strings!

-Kristin

Maggie said...

AS is def number one in customer service!!

Maria said...

Great layouts and fabulous cards!!! TFS

Lisa W said...

Your projects look beautiful. I really like your cards.

Amy C said...

These layouts are great!! I really like how you did the ribbon flower.

Kailyn said...

I have to know how you made that ribbon flower, I love it! Can't wait to see what else you guys bring to Apron Strings this year.

Mary said...

I too am enjoying my apron strings membership...love love love the kits, so easy and fun to use. thanks for sharing your creativity with us!

Shana Dilldine said...

great cards, thanks for sharing

Ava in the wave pool

Ava in the wave pool

A perfect landing!

A perfect landing!